The Estimator position reports to the Division Manager. The estimator is attentive to detail, thrives in accuracy and precision. This position is responsible for working with project and account managers to complete accurate estimates based on manufacturer specifications to meet warranty requirements and local building codes. This position requires attention to detail, computer expertise and ability to learn quickly. Prior estimating and construction experience are not required. Training will be provided. CAD experience and ability to read blueprints will set candidates apart.
- Completes accurate estimates, with maximum focus on precision and job profitability.
- Completes take-offs and/or estimates for commercial bidding using appropriate software. Helps project/account managers understand the completed estimate.
- Brainstorms with team on processes to maximize estimating efficiency.
- Works with other department personnel to ensure profitable job outcomes.
- Coordinates estimate modifications with project managers and division manager.
- Behaves in a professional manner and maintains confidentiality.
- Provides daily reports.
- Helps as needed in the field with superintendent duties.
Qualities, Characteristics, Aptitude:
- Team player and goal oriented.
- Construction experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to read blueprints and understand specs.
- Must be able to multi-task and have excellent follow up skills.
- Must be organized and systematic in work.
- Integrity and Honesty is required.
- Valid driver license required.
- Must have scheduling skills.
- Follows direction precisely and in a timely manner.
- Eager to help others.
- Myrtle Beach, SC
Click Here to fill out our Job Application Form