Freeman Park Carolina Beach – Drive on Beach
– Spend a day driving on the beach and posting up for a full-on beach day!. Freeman Park in Carolina Beach is a drive-on beach and has become a major North Carolina summer attraction. You can swim, camp, or cast your line and fish. You are able to drive your 4 wheel drive vehicle right onto the beach, but make sure you deflate your tires a bit before you get on the beach! A day pass is $30 on weekdays and $40 on weekends. Bring your coolers, umbrellas, snacks, and music for a good time on the North End of Carolina Beach, NC.
Take the Ferry from Fort Fisher to Southport
– Plan an afternoon to spend in Southport, a beautiful and scenic area of the NC coast, famous for movie scenes, waterfront restaurants, and their 4th of July festival. The Southport-Fort Fisher ferry ride costs $7 a car and runs on a schedule. It can be quite busy in the summer months, so be sure to plan ahead and check the departure times prior to heading down! Bring your furry friends for some good food, scenic views, and awesome sunsets!
Head to a Concert at the New Riverfront Live Oak Bank Pavilion
– A recent addition to Wilmington for all the music lovers out there. The newly built Riverfront Live Oak Bank Pavilion is partnered with Live Nation to bring in artists Wilmington has never had before. With a splash park for kids, waterfront views, food trucks, and more, there are plenty of activities to enjoy alongside the music. Be sure to check out our last blog post for the list of some upcoming concerts!
Visit Myrtle Beach for a Day
– Looking for that classic touristy location to get that summer boardwalk adventure in before summer ends? Drive down to Myrtle Beach, a quick 1.5-hour ride to visit Broadway on the Beach, museums, Top Golf, and plenty of other attractions. Get your taste buds going with some fried Oreos, fresh lemonade, and popcorn. You’ll be glad you made the trip!
Go Horseback Riding at Desperado Horse Farm
– Get in touch with nature before your summer ends! A short distance to Desperado Horse farm in Rocky Point, NC with over 75 acres of natural forest and land to explore on a horse. Horseback rides are perfect for couples, a family, or even if you’re looking to have a day to yourself in the peaceful outdoors. The farm offers trail rides 7 days a week and you can reserve a spot for trail rides by appointment.