Taking care of a commercial property is not easy task. As soon as you fix one problem, another seems to spring up. With so much on your plate, you don’t need to add caring for your roof to that list.
Instead, you need a trustworthy commercial roofing company that you can have on call to help you when a problem arises. But how can you tell if the roofing contractors that you find online are:
If you’re feeling overwhelmed when it comes to finding commercial roofing contractors for your property, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll be explaining exactly how to choose a good commercial roofing contractor that you can work with for years to come.
Signs Your Commercial Roof Needs a Repair
Before you start calling contractors, it is a good idea to do a self-assessment of your roof to get a good idea of what you might need. However, a damaged commercial roof can look very different from a damaged residential roof.
If you are looking for damage to your roof, here are the top signs to watch out for.
- Pooling Water – Pooling water is the most common sign of damage on a commercial roof. Most commercial roofs will look flat to the naked eye. The truth, though, is that they have a slight slope to them that allows water to run off. However, if you are noticing puddles or water that is not evaporating, you may be dealing with a problem.
- Tears and Rips – Certain types of flat roofing materials are prone to ripping and tearing when they are exposed to weather conditions such as hail or even falling tree branches. Leaving a tear untreated can lead to water damage.
- Blistering – When exposed to the changing weather, some types of flat roofing material have a tendency to blister or warp. If you notice this, you should contact your roofing contractor right away.
Questions to Ask Your Roofing Contractor
So you’re looking to hire a reputable roofing company but aren’t sure how to tell if your local roofing company is the right fit. Here are the questions you should be prepared to ask.
1) “Are You Licensed and Insured?”
This is one of the best ways to separate potential contractors from the average handyman. Quality roofing companies will be both licensed to work in the state, as well as have insurance that keeps you both protected. Not only will they have these as an option, but they should be willing to show you documentation if you ask.
2) “What Roof Materials Do You Have Experience In?”
Residential roofs and commercial roofs require different types of materials and vastly different skill sets. Beyond that, different kinds of flat roofing materials require different installation techniques.
When trying to find the right commercial roofing company for you, it is a good idea to ask if their roofing team has experience in the type of roofing material that you are hoping to install.
3) “What Are Your Warranties Like?”
Quality warranties are one of the best ways to ensure that your roofing system stays protected for years to come without breaking the bank. Before starting your roofing projects, talk to your local contractors and ask them about the type of warranty that they offer. Be sure to ask if they have separate product and workmanship warranties.
4) “Who Will Be My Point of Contact?”
There is nothing worse than hiring a commercial roofing company only to find that it is hard to get ahold of them. Asking if you will have a dedicated point of contact early on will help you determine whether they have a quality customer service team and help you avoid a headache later on.
5) “Who Will Be On the Jobsite?”
Making sure that there is a dedicated employee of the company or a project manager onsite can help you to feel more at ease when it comes to hiring someone to fix your property. This will ensure that the roofing project is being completed in an efficient and responsible manner.
Ask Us Your Questions!
After reading through our checklist of questions, we bet you have some of your own. At Monarch Roofing, we are more than happy to help you answer any concerns you may have. As both a residential and commercial roofer, we have plenty of experience to help you get the roof you deserve. Contact us today to start working with the best local contractor in the roofing industry!