Congratulations! You now have your very own commercial property with lots of exciting things to look forward to. Redecorating, running a business, making a name for yourself…and maintenance?
No matter how exciting owning a commercial property is, it certainly comes with its own challenges. One of those things is making sure that all of the disparate pieces of your property are functioning properly. This means taking care of things like:
- Plumbing 🪠
- Electrical 💡
- Exteriors 🏢
One of the biggest projects commercial property owners need to tackle? Roof maintenance. Regardless of the state of your roof or when you purchased the property, your roof is going to change, need repairs, and eventually require a full replacement. To keep your business protected, you’ll want to tackle your commercial roofing project right away.
If you are a new owner, hiring a professional roofing contractor may be something you’ve never done before. Or, perhaps you are new to the Savannah area and are not sure where to start.
Don’t worry, though. We’ve made the hunt for a quality commercial roofing contractor simple by rounding up the top roofing contractors in Savannah, GA.
What To Look For In A Commercial Roofing Contractor
Most of us have some frame of reference when it comes to dealing with residential roofing companies and issues. However, commercial roofing is very different. Not only does it look and function differently, but it needs an entirely different skill set.
If you’re looking for quality help for your commercial roof, here are some things you should look out for before hiring a contractor.
- License and Insurance – Perhaps it goes without saying, but any reputable roofing contractors will be both licensed and insured. Not only will they have the proper paperwork, but they should be willing to show it to you if you ask. If they are resisting this, it could be a huge red flag.
- Experience – When it comes to your roof, you want a roofing contractor who has plenty of experience installing and repairing commercial roofing systems. Many contractors have photos available on their websites so that you can get a sense of the quality of their work.
- Type of Commercial Roofing – There are many types of commercial roofing materials available on the market. Before hiring a contractor, make sure that their commercial roofing services include the type of roof that you are hoping to replace or install.
- Reviews – Not sure if a contractor is right for you? One of the best ways to tell is by reading their reviews. This will help you get a sense of what it is like to work with them.
Signs Your Roof Needs Help
When you are used to looking at residential roofing, it may be difficult to tell whether or not your commercial roof is functioning properly. Here are some key signs that it may be time to reach out for commercial roofing help.
- Pooling Water – Residential roofs are known for their steep slope. Commercial roofing systems, by contrast, look completely flat. The truth is that all commercial roofs have a slight slope to them that is designed to help water be able to drain away. If you notice that water is pooling in a section of your roof and is taking more than a day to dry, it is a good idea to call a contractor.
- Blistering – Did you know that your roof can have a blister? These blisters can form after excessive exposure to the elements. While they may not look particularly dangerous, they can allow water to seep through the lower levels of your roof and cause water damage to your property.
- Tears – It’s not unusual for the upper layers of your commercial roof to tear after a major weather event. If you find a tear, it is essential to reach out to a roofing contractor ASAP, in order to avoid further damage.
Top 5 Roofing Contractors in Savannah, GA
Ready to find the roofing company that is right for you? Check out our list of the top 5 commercial roofers in the area.
1) Monarch Roofing
We have to start off this list by shouting out our own fabulous team of roofers who work hard to serve the community by installing premium roofs for both commercial and residential properties! If you are in need of a commercial roofing solution that you can your on, we are here to help!
⭐️ 4.9 on Google
2) Alpha Roofing Services
Alpha Roofing Services is proud to serve the western Georgia area and to help you with a variety of roofing needs, including residential and commercial roofing, as well as specializing in multi-family property roofing.
⭐️ 5.0 on Google
3) JCB Roofing
JCB Roofing is a great choice to help you care for your commercial property. They offer specialized metal roofing services, including repairs and installations. Additionally, their team is trained to repair historical roofs!
⭐️ 4.7 on Google
4) Designer Roofing and Restoration
When it comes to a commercial roof replacement, Designer Roofing and Restoration has you covered. They are able to take on all sorts of roofing projects, including a flat roof replacement or repair. Contact them today for a free estimate.
⭐️ 5.0 on Google
RoofCrafters does it all, from roof inspections to roof repairs. In terms of flat roofing, they specialize in BUR roofing, modified bitumen, single-ply, and metal roofing!
⭐️4.7 on Google
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
Want to get started with your commercial roofing journey but still have a lot of questions? Completely understandable. Luckily, at Monarch Roofing, we have the expertise and experience to get you the answers you need. Our friendly customer service professionals are standing by to help you get the roofing services that you deserve. Contact us today to set up your professional commercial roof inspection!